Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm Baaaack!

Hokay. My daughter and fellow-blogger has been getting on me about not posting, so I'm making amends.

I was off-island from the end of January until the first Sunday of March. I went home to say good-bye to my father, who died on February 1. I feel so blessed to have been able to be there for those few days with him before he left us and also for the time I was able to spend with my mother.

On the last weekend of February, I went out west to visit Mal. That was fun, but man! Talk about opposition in all things! Going from a month with my mother in her senior citizens housing to a coed apartment in a college town! Whew!

One thing (among many) that I really enjoyed while out west was visiting with two of the missionaries that had served on Saipan. That was great! It was so fun to meet all of Mal's friends and put faces with the names I've heard so much about. It's a good group.

Before I went out, she called and asked me to bring a Scrabble game (honestly now, is "meh" really a word?), Maine maple syrup, and a jar of marshmallow fluff. (If you haven't already, check out this entry on how to make a fluffernutter that she's put on her blog--I took the photos:))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I refuse to acknowledge any stupid sound as being a word, and no, don't try to argue the otemotepia thing, if that IS how you really spell it. "Meh" is NOT a word, and I don't care what Joey's or Someoneorother's Online Dictionary says! There are standards people! Standards! And it is up to us to keep them high! "Meh?" Really! I mean, at least get creative!

Selena said...

Haha, funny that Mal is bugging you to write... I've been really lax too, but you beat me. My last blog was Christmas! I've been bugging myself to write though, and I'll be baaaaack soon too! hehe. Hope you're doing well!