Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Back to The Blog

I repent! Maybe. I told Mallory that I thought one of my New Year's resolutions would be to write in my blog again, so here I am. The problem is Facebook.
I've gotten so into Facebook as a place to upload pictures and videos, keep up on what's going on with family and friends, and record my little thoughts and comments that a blog has gotten to seem a little redundant. I feel like with Facebook I do my duty as far as keeping my Stateside kids reasonably up-to-date on what's going on in our lives and on the rare occasion anything comes up that needs more detail or more privacy, I email them.
That's been my way--and the way of some of my children. If asked how was our day, the answer is short (i.e., "Good." "Okay." "Mmm." "Eh."). Often, I just don't have anything else to say. That day is over--what is there left to say?
Other of my kids will launch into a detailed account of every part of their day. Every conversation, thought, action, everything! I love that, but it's not me. Oh sure, I have times when I want to give a detailed review, but on the day-in-day-out? No.
Ironically, the most consistent blogger in the family is of the short-answer type. And it's at her request that I repent. Maybe.

5 comments:

Mal said...

If this is you repenting it needs some work, lady! What's with all the "maybe"s??

And just think, if you hadn't written in your blog today, you wouldn't have learned that the word "gotten" is actually mostly lost in England and, as Bryson puts it, is considered "one of the quaintest American colloquialisms!" (That's not exactly it, but I'm not going hunting for it now.) Wouldn' that have been a shame?

Michael said...

Horaaay!!

ML said...

Cool! I like being quaint.

Unknown said...

I'm just the opposite. I faithfully update my blog, but rarely get on Facebook. Whatever works, as long as you are in touch with your family. :-)

Mal said...

Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny about the British view of "gotten." (Then again, I find that kind of thing funny...which just says more about me.)

Joey, you're really not helping here. No more of your "everyone's different, we need to accept all types" attitude here. WE ARE BLOGGERS! who occasionally spend an inordinate amount of time on fb.