Friday, May 13, 2005

Alexa's Trip: Texas to Maine (Day 1)

She left this morning around 3:30 A.M.--well, 1:30 P.M. Thursday in Wichita Falls, TX--and called us on her cell phone as she was leaving. She said that she hopes to get as far as St. Louis today, New York tomorrow, and the rest of the way on Saturday.

I called her at about 5:00 P.M. her time and she had gotten a little lost at one point in Oklahoma, so she was going through Oklahoma City when I called; now she's hoping to get as far as Tulsa tonight. I asked if she wanted me to look into getting her a room there for the night, but she doesn't want to risk a reservation at a place that she can't find, so she'll handle it herself. I told her to call when she gets in for the night.

Although I have been very concerned about this trip, my prayers for her safety have been heard and I feel comfortable that all will be well with her.

No comments: